Robert at Alien-Devices (MySpace) has been producing quality modified & circuit bent gear for almost a decade. Alien-Devices now offers installation service for Highly Liquid MIDI retrofits and has begun to add MIDI control to projects via Highly Liquid MIDI decoders.
See Robert’s MySpace blog for projects such as this modified MIDI SK-5:
MIDI kit user projects on the web:
- MSA-T-controlled MIDI animatronic Halloween skull quartet (Mindshaft Music)
- MSA-R-controlled MIDI circuit bent Pikachu (Kaseo)
- Rock Band MSA-P MIDI drum mod demo using a Simmons SD7K
- Modified Casio SK-8 with VCF and SKM MIDI retrofit (Graham Meredith)
- Wii controller-triggered MIDISpeak & SKM (Bill Byrne)
The new SKM Version 2 MIDI retrofit for the Casio SK series is now available. The updated SKM kit allows the user to:
- Trigger SK-1 keys, sample recording and sample looping via MIDI notes
- Select SK-1 instruments via MIDI Program Change commands
- Access an SK-1 “Easter egg” instrument
- Trigger SK-5 keys, rhythm pads, and sample pads via MIDI notes
The new kit also features a lower price than the original SKM.