The MIDI CPU makes it easy to build a MIDI controller of any shape and size. This howto describes the process of building a wall-sized MIDI controller. The example project is the “Living Schematic” MIDI controller / exhibit.
Here are the basic steps:
- Make a feature “wish list” for the MIDI controller.
- “Budget” the MIDI CPU I/O.
- Create a MIDI CPU wiring diagram.
- Optional: Using a bit of artistic license, magnify & rearrange the wiring diagram to fit the wall.
- Optional: Paint the oversize diagram on the wall.
- Mount the controls.
- Wire the controls to the MIDI CPU.
- Configure the MIDI CPU to accept input from the controls.
- Connect the sound module(s) to the new MIDI controller.