The new MIDI CPU accepts input from switches, potentiometers, rotary encoders, switch matrices and external digital & analog signals. In response, it generates virtually any type of MIDI message. Buy now!
The MIDI CPU ships fully assembled. Simply attach MIDI connectors, control components, and a battery or DC power supply.
- 24 independent input terminals
- Monitors up to 128 switches, 14 potentiometers, or 12 encoders
- Allows mixed input types
- Merges MIDI input with locally generated messages—multiple units share a single MIDI Out port
- Powered via battery or DC supply between 3.3V and 12V
- Measures only 66mm x 38mm (2.6″ x 1.5″)
- Configured via MIDI SysEx message
- User-upgradeable firmware
The MIDI CPU has a long list of potential applications. Build your own traditional footswitch, keyboard, or “knob box” controller. Build your own alternative MIDI controller—optical theremin, fret-based controller, etc. Generate MIDI note patterns or CC waveforms from digital or analog signals. Re-purpose a “consumer” keyboard, calculator, game controller, or other electronic device as a MIDI controller.
These possibilities will be explored with “how-to” information at the blog and forums.
Have you registered yet? The forums are the best place to ask for product information or technical support.