The new MPA kit is a flexible MIDI decoder. Applications include DIY filter circuits, circuit bending, and MIDI-to-DIN sync conversion. Features include:
- 4 x MIDI-controlled potentiometer output
- 8 x MIDI-controlled digital logic output
- Easy configuration via a single MIDI system exclusive message
- Power & activity indicator LEDs
- 1 x MIDI In port; 2 x MIDI Thru port
The potentiometer outputs provide variable resistance in 128 steps from approximately 100Ω to nominal values of 10kΩ, 50kΩ or 100kΩ. MIDI response is real-time.
Each potentiometer output responds independently by MIDI channel and message type. Control options include note number, note velocity, controller (“control change”; includes modulation wheel, breath controller, sliders), channel pressure, pitch wheel, and program change. The digital logic outputs can be configured to respond to note, program change, or sync messages.